The National Institute for Engineering Ethics (NIEE) is an organization dedicated to the advancement of the understanding and practice of ethics within the engineering profession. NIEE is working to develop and foster education, training, and discourse in engineering ethics. The five primary goals of NIEE are:
- Enhance recognition of programs in engineering ethics and professionalism at local, state, regional, national, and international levels.
- Build strategic partnerships and interdisciplinary alliances to enhance the mission of the Institute.
- Maintain a quality work force and work environment and maximize the effective use of technology in the delivery of service.
- Enhance the fiscal stability through development activities.
- Enhance the regional, national, and international image of NIEE.
NIEE recently transferred from Texas Tech University to Purdue University where it will continue to grow and support engineering ethics.